Monday, March 28, 2011

Breaking Chains

The mission: Breaking the chains of slavery that still fit tightly around the necks of my people. In the age of colorblindness the recognition of slave codes that still confine black lives to the oppressive side streets of invisibility is pivotal. I find peace in the midst of the chaotic screams of revolution.Even though, I recognize Revolution is more than slogans and poses devoid of substance. Revolution is intensely given meaning in the acts of love that force people to stand for righteousness in the midst of oppressive times. So, I seek to duplicate the keys that will unlock the chains of ignorance that stifle black potential. The potential that lies in the hearts and minds of those that make up my community cannot be contained by the brutal barricades of Jim crow. So everyday I fight I actively resist the temptation of white lies that seek to confound black truth. Let's Get Free!

1 comment: