Wednesday, February 1, 2012

My Voice

It is my struggle to transcend the grips of helplessness that cements indifference as a lifestyle choice. I choose to wrestle with the real frustration that society is on a dangerous course but most are to distracted to notice. However, I allow for my frustration to fuel my struggle to simply be a voice. A voice that continues to imagine a world not yet here but nonetheless still possible. A voice that seeks to alarm all those who will listen while accepting the reality the most will continue to hit snooze. It my struggle to continue to speak even when affirmation is not forthcoming. I battle to recognize that the message is to important to allow for the vanity of I to triumph the message of we. So, I speak because the cause of liberation cannot be muffled by the static sounds of conformity. Let's Get Free!

1 comment:

  1. Amen brother, and in so doing a slice of freedom comes into the world. It is when our voices are silent that history slips into a perpetual repetition that with each repeat crushes down harder upon the spirit of humanity. In the beginning God spoke --- and so it always is --- creation out of chaos with "word made flesh". Keep your voice speaking and the new world you seek moves towards possibility.

    ReplyDelete