Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Not For Sale!

Are we willing to reject the notion that we are for sale? Is integrity outdated? Have we lost sight of that which truly matters? What does material success mean in the midst of societal suffering? We must reject capitalistic values that praise selfishness as a virtue. It is virtually impossible to stomach the corrupt culture that capitalism has created. So, with my words I still intend to paint a picture of the world free from the chains that chain most to a difficult living. Living for me will forever be defined in the context of revolutionary struggle. I admit, I still struggle to light the fuse that will lead to the Fire Next time that James Baldwin talked about. To me it is about how to set the captives free and make humane living the norm. Maybe, these ideas are not normal. However, I will continue to embrace abnormality when the confines of normalcy force me to pledge allegiance to the idea that oppression is a staple of human nature. Truthfully, the nature of my success will never be defined in capitalistic terms. Terms I've accepted long ago. Success will forever be defined in relation to how much I have done in regards to alleviating the injustices that cause human suffering. And if my bank account suffers because my career will never eclipse the importance of my calling so be it! Let's Get Free!

No comments:

Post a Comment