Wednesday, May 4, 2011

True Education

Education raised my expectations and provided me sight to the ways in which I was locked in entanglements fostered by ignorance. It created in me the belief that I deserved more, that survival and struggle do not have to be the main tenets of my existence. And when I speak of this liberating experience I am not highlighting schooling. Schooling is simply a process that seeks to brainwash the individual and inundate the mind with foolish thoughts and trivial pursuits. No, when I speak of education I am speaking of an internal experience that is only facilitated by being an intellectual seeker. Seeking truth even though the embrace of falsehood creates comfort in the midst of oppressive times. True education is the essence of revolution, because it unmasked the ultimate barrier to freedom, our ignorance. So, I seek to move in the direction of highlighting the revolutionary power of education so that it can be felt by all of my people in the struggle. Let's Get Free!

No comments:

Post a Comment