Friday, September 22, 2017

wish

I wish the cops killing black people mattered more? I wish systems and institutions that we sworn to protect saw black bodies as worthy of protection? I wish that I could do more than wish for the betterment of black people? I wish that to be marginalized was not normalized through years of oppression. I wish I was a little be taller, I wish I was a baller but truthfully wishing does not change things. Wishing is just a coping mechanism not to go mad. You see the current reality is maddening and there is no way to accept that shit. You can simply numb yourself to it's impact. The impact of wishing and praying has not created a reality where for black people it is still not necessary to wish and pray. Maybe, someday that will change but truthfully I don't really think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment