Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Is America trying to Kill me?

There are times when I feel like America is trying to kill me. I feel that this way of life is detrimental to my health and that the rat race has deadly consequences for those who want something more. For those who seek to ignore or resist the material trappings or capitalistic toys that divert our attention from the atrocities that characterize so much of American life. However, it is vital that I proclaim that I am not waving the righteous flag seeking to be comforted by the blanket of arrogance that surrounds those who find security in the belief that their way of life is more dignified than others. No, I am simply wrestling with the feeling that there must be something more. The feeling that poverty and pain for the masses are not things that I must become adjusted to in order to survive. Anything that forces me to become an acquaintance of evil must be wrong, right? And don't I have an obligation to stand and resist all attempts that try to normalize evil and rationalize injustice? I guess I am just wondering out aloud.

No comments:

Post a Comment