Friday, April 2, 2010

The Process

The realization that true change begins with self: this is not a new idea to the world, but one that, in recent days, I have begun to wrestle with. Everything is connected to a process, and we cannot bypass the hard work neccesary to get the reward. So often we become fascinated with the end goal, becoming trapped by the allure of what lies ahead, unable to truly engage in the process. It sounds cliche, but every journey begins with a step, and to bypass this truth will leave many with unfufilled dreams and destructive images of what might have been. So I re-examine my life and recognize that every move is bringing more closer to a desired end. I also recognize that the prospect of ushering in change for society must begin with me changing myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment