Thursday, June 16, 2011

Revolution

If I only I could dip my pen in lighter fluid so that I could ignite the flame that would lead to the fire that James Baldwin talked about. Hoping that the flames of revolution would extinguish the winds of apathy that engulf so many. Sadly, it seems that change will continue to move at a snails pace because there can be no revolution were there is no consciousness. And we seem to be unconscious of the ways we view the language of revolution as foreign unable to understand its tone and grasp its complexity. So we embrace oppression or worse we are unable to recognize its grip on the masses. Even in the midst of frustration I refuse to be broken by the inability of revolution to gain traction. I will continue to covet its presence and prepare for its inevitable season. Let's Get Free!

No comments:

Post a Comment